So as I mentioned two weeks, I re-housed a lot of old slides. I’ve added some pictures, to show the wear that old slide covers get and how slides need to be housed in specific, archival sheets. I got through all of the slides in the back. Then, Amy (archivist) and I went to look at some of the slides in this other area and we found at that there are lots of slides in nice, healthy slide covers, but they’re all completely out of order. There are slides from 1986 in the same sheet as slides from the early 2000s. Instead of trying to sort through and rearrange all of these slides, I started to label the sheets with the years and the subjects of the slides. I also have a corresponding Word document that lists the slide numbers. the subjects of those slides, the years, and if there are photographers listed, them. It’s a long process, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to finish before I leave, but hopefully an intern or student worker down the road can figure out the process and continue it. [excerpt]
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
Rolland, Abby M., "Re-Housing Slides in Special Collections" (2015). Blogging the Library. 31.