- Philosophy of Gettysburg College Headquarters
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Copyright and Author Rights
Philosophy of Gettysburg College Headquarters
The Gettysburg College Headquarters prides itself on being a platform for undergraduate research. We aim to publish pieces that demonstrate outstanding skill within the relevant fields.
Who Can Submit?
Any original undergraduate work from any American institution can be submitted for consideration for publication in the Gettysburg College Headquarters , provided the submitter owns the copyright to the work being submitted. Authors are the copyright owners of their unpublished works.
If research involves human subjects, the author is responsible for maintaining proof of appropriate Institutional Review Board approval. Research conducted without IRB approval cannot be published.
General Submission Rules
The Gettysburg College Headquarters publishes annually each spring. Submissions are opened on the first Saturday of May and close on the last Saturday in August. Please note: submission review does not begin until mid-September. Updates on submissions will be provided to authors in late November.
To submit an article, authors must create a free account in The Cupola. You will be prompted to do so when you submit your article. This account will be used to monitor the submission process. If your work is published, this account will allow you to receive monthly download reports for your work.
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Gettysburg College Headquarters, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Gettysburg College Headquarters.
If you have concerns about the submission terms for Gettysburg College Headquarters, please contact the editors.
The Gettysburg College Headquarters asks that initial submissions be in Times New Roman 12-point font and PDF format. The Headquarters also asks that the authors maintain proper use of citation style for their discipline and indicate what citation style was used in the submission form.
Visual Arts submissions must be uploaded in PDF or JPEG format.
Although editors may provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a high-quality PDF or as a file that can be easily converted to a PDF file (such as Microsoft Word).
Copyright and Author Rights
Authors who submit to the Gettysburg College Headquarters agree to the following:
- The author retains copyright of the work.
- The author grants the Gettysburg College Interdisciplinary Studies Department and The Cupola a non-exclusive license to print, publish, reproduce, and/or distribute the work in print and/or online, and to market the work. This means that the author gives the Journal permission to publish the work, but the author maintains ownership over the work and may grant additional non-exclusive licenses to others in the future. For example, after a work is published in the Headquarters, the author may revise it and submit it to another journal for consideration.
- The Gettysburg College Headquarters is published with a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license. By submitting their work to the Headquarters, the author agrees to apply a CC-BY license to their work in the case that it is selected for publication.
- The author agrees to not publish the submitted work in print or digital form prior to the publication by the Gettysburg College Headquarters.
- The author must accept full responsibility for the content of the article, including the reuse of copyrighted materials within the Article that fall outside the realm of Fair Use.
- Please be aware that after an issue of the Headquarters is published, individual works cannot be revised or removed.
- Please note that search engines (such as Google and Google Scholar) will index works in the Headquarters and works will be findable on the open web now and in the future.
All authors will have the chance to review the Submission Agreement before submitting their work. Please read this over carefully before submitting.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
The Gettysburg College Headquarters is an open access journal, meaning it is freely available on the open web for anyone to access and read. The contents of this journal are protected by copyright; users agree to abide by U.S. copyright law when using this site.
Users of the The Cupola: Scholarship at Gettysburg College website and/or software agree not to misuse the The Cupola's service or software in any way.
Editors of the Gettysburg College Headquarters agree to evaluate and peer-review all submissions in a prompt manner and communicate decisions and desired revisions to the author. Administrators of The Cupola agree to fulfill any/all duties mentioned in the journal’s policies. If any part of the journal’s policies or submission agreement is found to be invalid, the remainder of the policies and submissions agreement remain valid and enforced.
These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between The Cupola: Scholarship at Gettysburg College and the author(s) regarding submission of the article.